Random updates:
The goretex liner for my cast is super-awesome-cool. So far, so good with workouts and showering etc. I have another 2 weeks before I get new x-rays and a new cast, so the jury is still out - if people start making funny faces and avoid being in confined areas with me, I'll know the water-in-the-cast thing wasn't such a great idea.
Kindness of strangers - funny how people get all irritated if you're slow-moving or clearly having issue getting yourself together- but the minute they see a cast on a girl, they're carrying groceries, opening doors and gushing about "you poor thing". The only time that doesn't work is when it takes me 10min to parallel park - granted, it probably took me just about that long with two hands, but irritated drivers don't stop to see my casted (is that a verb?) arm as they blow by, irritated that I impacted their life and their quest to get to the Dunkin' Donuts around the corner.
Here's a link that is worth clicking on: thanks to Mitch who is very proud of her hood.
I can only imagine what this video would contain if they were talking about Baltimore.
I have figured out two of the most annoying tasks I couldn't do - I can now tie my shoes (my friends and loved ones are so proud) and I can finagle a pony-tail. Haven't tried pig-tails yet, but they are in my future.
Thanks to Shawn and Kim at Fleet Feet Adams Morgan for helping me pick out my new kicks: Asics Nimbus 10. After some expert foot/shoe advice, I was informed that your feet never stop growing as long as you're using them. To counteract my apparent displeasure in that statement, Shawn stated very eloquently: if you put your feet up (likely on the couch) to stop them from growing, be prepared for the rest of your body to "grow".Chalk this up to someone clearly needing something new to whine about: PETA announced that Obama should have caught a fly and released it back into the wild instead of swatting it during an interview. Seriously ? THIS makes headlines while the economy, financial system (redundant, I know), auto industry, housing market, unemployment etc etc etc are a disaster... THIS is what they're complaining about ??
I discovered this week that my infamous sense of direction (or lack thereof) is not 100% cured by Jack, my garmin. The good news is I only missed the destination by two towns. The lesson learned is that if I fail to put the correct address into the machine, Jack does not read minds. Sigh. Even with a GPS, I STILL get lost.
That's all I've got. Happy Friday - good luck to the Tour of Washington County participants. I'm with you in spirit.
3 comments:
Yeah, to have PETA whine about killing a fly, when they kill about 95% of the dogs they get. You know, because its better to be dead than a slave...
The video of Obama killing the fly is eerily reminiscent of Bush's style. You know, really smug and proud of something that's not even worth pointing out. I think Barry's losing his mojo.
Do you need Jack to get to Silver Spring?
Post a Comment