Friday, May 9, 2008

Blog Debut


Okay, I've finally done it. All the cool kids seem to have blogs and I'm sitting here at 9pm on a friday night so ... why not ? Its okay, dont feel bad for me because I'm plain-jane with no Friday night-life. Fort Ritchie race is tomorrow and since it takes oh- an hour and a half each way to get there and then we get to race somewhere in between - probably in the rain ... I thought maybe a calm Friday night was a good thing. Besides, I feel like I've been sitting in traffic all freaking day so its good to sit down in the comfort of my own home. This was my view this morning on 495, heading to Springfield. That pretty well sums up my day.

You'll note my Garmin and a little rabbit hanging out to the left (and my windshield wiper doing its job) - Garmin is to get me to where I'm going (I get lost in shopping malls. True story) and the rabbit is Simon. I found Simon one day when I was aimlessly riding my bike in Ellicott City. Feeling a little dejected at the time, I wasn't sure where I was going - literally or figuratively. I saw Simon lying on the side of the road and picked him up, cleaned (and sanitized!) him and he's been hanging out with me ever since. I know. I'm such a girl about some things.

Anyhoo, I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to head with this blog - its more of an experiment of sorts. I've been silently lurking the blogs of Melanie, Beth and Christina, amongst others, and since I like to write, I love to share with others and I like to hear feedback, this could be the beginning of something beautiful. Lets all hope !

Fort Ritchie tomorrow, then an early training ride before Mother's Day celebrations with the family. Its not such a bad life.

No comments: