Yesterday was an amazing day considering 1) it's 50degrees in February and 2) we've been in a deep freeze for at least a month. If you were out on the bike (as you should have been!) and saw some chick in Colavita colors with an obnoxiously giddy smile, that would have been me. Maybe you waved or maybe you looked away so as to not stare at this "special" kid. Either way I was one happy camper.
With my recent change in status as a short-timer at work my level of stress has decreased, like a thousand percent. I'm not exactly sure what to do with myself. Riding is my comfort zone - a little more uncomfortable than I'd like it to be right now but definitely my go-to. Thanks to Bicycle Pro Shop in Alexandria, my BMC was spiffed up and ready to tackle the challenge; both my lack of fitness and the sh*t-show of our roads. I know it's been a while since I've had the pleasure of riding out-of-doors but ... damn.
It was even warmer today than yesterday and yes(!) I rode outside. TWO DAYS IN A ROW! I know that's no-big for most of my cycling brethren and I'll hopefully look back on this post and ask myself why I wrote that in all caps, as though it was a BFD. Right now, it is!
Another appreciation point: I took myself for a walk around the neighborhood last night. It was cool but not cold, crisp but in a good way. These pics are from a park on the edge of the community. Not a bad way to enjoy the evening.
![]() |
| Partially Frozen lake - Ducks finding the warmer weather |
![]() |
| Ducks |
![]() |
| Water Features in Ben Brenman Park |
![]() |
| Ice and Snow on the Lake at night |
Enjoy one last day of unseasonably warm temperatures. As I've heard and often repeated: It's the Mid- Atlantic, if you don't like the weather - just wait a minute.




No comments:
Post a Comment