Many of you may already know but for those who don't, January is the Month of Wendy. See, my birthday falls about 2weeks after the new year and after all the holidays and the subsequent let-down of the malady of normality, my birthday always kind of fell by the wayside. As a child, it was always too darn cold or we had a snow storm etc so I never really got to have a birthday party (I'm sure I'll be telling that to a shrink at some point in the future) and even as an adult, those who love and care for me would essentially take one present from my christmas presents and say "this is for your birthday". Pardon the language, but that blows !!So, about 8 years ago I decided that instead of having a day, I'm going to claim the month. What started as a joke actually took hold. Stick with me here, it's not as crazy as it sounds, and don't worry, I play well with others - I'll share a day or two with those that have January birthdays but know that it really is all about me so January is the Month of Wendy.
The benefit of claiming a month is that no one has to do something on a particular day. My birth "day" was yesterday but it's a random Thursday. Who wants to have to make plans for a random Thursday ? Instead, we have all month to do fun stuff - no one is held accountable if their workday got super busy and they forgot to email or call to say happy birthday. No one has to re-arrange schedules to make a random Thursday dinner. And, better yet, presents are welcome all month !

See, now you're seeing the logic ... and you're thinking maybe it's not a bad idea. It's okay. Claim your month - just as long as it's not infringing on the Month of Wendy.
No comments:
Post a Comment