Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I want that job !

This time of year often has me battling within myself about my chosen career. I know, I know ... the glamorous life of an accountant is more than one girl can dream of at times, but from December through April, being an accountant is not all it's cracked up to be. Between long hours at work, short hours of daylight, squeezing training in somewhere in between and managing stress levels that are just ... wrong ... you can't really fault me for at least wondering what else might be out there.

So, as I was logging onto my email this morning, I saw a headline that I couldn't ignore. Short of finding a hot, rich lobbyist that can support my biking habit, the next best thing would be to find the ideal job. Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking applications from rich lobbyists. But since that hasn't panned out yet, this peaked my interest:

Australia offers "Best job in the world"



Essentially, you get paid the equivalent of $100,000 for lazing around an island for six months. Oh, and did I mention it's in Australia ? Sign me up !

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the link to work to submit my application. Sigh. I guess I'll just keep plugging along as a glamorous accountant.

1 comment:

bethbikes said...

I think I have the best job in the world! If only it wasn't 10 degrees outside....