Thursday, November 17, 2016

So this is happening

It's that time of year again. My first round of pumpkin roll is long gone and although the first round isn't always my best work no one complained, at least not out loud.










I feel like I'm a little behind seeing as this was happening in Shirlington the weekend before Halloween. I think one of the best pics I've taken was at the Walgreens by my house. Given the right angle, it looked like a Witch was sneaking up on the Santa display in the next aisle. Can't we get through Thanksgiving without the onslaught of advertisements and holiday music? At this rate we're ready to throw those jingle bells at someone long before the holiday actually arrives.

Anyway. Speaking of things happening - I'm moving. Yes, this is finally happening. I have a love/hate relationship with my current location - Love that I can ride to hains (but that gets old), love that I can walk to a bunch of places (I cannot stand the post-frat tuition-fund clientele and don't get me started on the stupid drunk-trolly), I'm so close to everything (close enough that some random guy came into my house through an unlocked door and tried to sleep on my couch at 4am after being out at the bars), I have a driveway (that I constantly have to kick people out of- seriously, one person pulls in, I tell her this is private property and she argues with me to please, just do her a favor. Who the hell are you and I will have you towed if you leave your car here!), I love being near about 4 metro stops (although I despise the metro, especially with cold/flu season coming on).

See? Love/hate. 

I sold my townhouse in 2011 to move to Arlington and have been renting since then. I'm an accountant. Renting is a dirty word in my world. But, life got in the way and things happened and/or didn't happen so here I am, finally making it happen. Settlement is early/mid December - so the super (not) fun packing and purging has begun. At this point my current house is a disaster and quite possibly a fire hazard.





No comments: