Happy Holidays - I hope Santa visited and left lots of bike-related schwag under the tree.
I had the pleasure of spending the holiday with Mitch and her family - they have been kind enough to offer to adopt me for most major holidays and this was the first Christmas I spent with them. I was assured that I could sit back and enjoy the show. So I did.
Christmas eve was a family party for dad's side of the family - the early party-goers were warned of my impending arrival and directed to "welcome her and give her a glass of red wine". The Hart family knows me well.
Christmas morning started by making sure Santa had come before gift-opening, followed by some rock-star praline french toast that was more like dessert than breakfast. We all know calories don't count on holidays, so it was all good.
After a little down time (Mitch and I even got on our bikes for a trainer session while watching Hangover - worth the price of admission if you haven't seen it), we got gussied up again for a Christmas dinner with mom's side of the family.
The younger kids had been working on a play to perform for the family on Christmas day. This was all news to me; I was just sipping wine and taking it all in. Then Mitch informed me that I had been drafted for the play. The kids requested Mitch to rehearse her lines but the play started without me having a clue what it was about. (you only have two lines, they said to me, so you don't need to rehearse)
I was to play Dolores. Thats all I knew. As the play went on, Mitch did a scary-good job at playing the scolding mom to the kids. The kids declare "Ricky and Dolores, sitting in a tree", which is where I learned of my role - I was Ricky's crush. Ricky was 4. I realize I am only 32, but for about 15mins, I became Mrs. Robinson.
2 comments:
Whoa, I hope you didn't teach the little fellow too much..... :-)
清靜優雅的庭院您不可錯過澎湖花火節,感覺清新舒適,舒適的住宿澎湖行程安排,赤崁碼頭出發大人們可以品茗好茶邊聊天,台華輪(高雄)增添您愉悅的氣氛,有著海一般的夢幻感覺,熱情中充滿溫馨的氣氛有一觀海陽台。
Post a Comment