It's tough to follow up the last blog, especially since I don't have more embarrassing pictures (at least none that I'm willing to post). The responses to that write-up and, more importantly, the actual event, have been hilarious - thank you !
Random ramblings:
I received an email with various witty, sarcastic statements about life and how the general public sucks ... usually that's right up my alley - until I ran into the statement "When I'm a pedestrian, I hate cars, when I'm in a car, I hate pedestrians. No matter what, I hate cyclists." Grr...
I've had several "car" incidents lately. I try to be a conscientious rider, especially when I'm in my kit (my sponsors will never get a call about me running a red light). My teammates will attest that they've heard me tell them "Don't even THINK about doing that in MY jersey" enough times to be annoying. If I'm going straight, riding in my lane with a green light, why would the arse-hole decide to turn left in front of me, pausing long enough as I slam on my brakes to give me the finger ? For whatever reason, that really hurt my feelings. Oh, I know, I'm tougher than that, but honestly, why ??
Big shout out, lotsa luv and luck to superstar Leslie, who is on her way out to Masters World Championships this week ... she's been on fire this year and I can't wait to see her show her stuff over there.
Congratulations to Jason Merdhott (Meidhoff), the newest National Champion on the Track in the 3k. He has been saying he wanted to win that race for months and damn if he didn't get it done. here's a pic that his honey sent out - nothing but smiles !
Good luck to the DC Velo guys tomorrow in their final event ... and Good luck to all of you doing Church Creek. That's all I've got for today- Happy Friday !

3 comments:
OMG the crab suits! I was there, just late and I missed it.
I got that chain mail thing too... the rest of it was funny. That was just dumb.
At least it called us "cyclists" and not "bikers."
PJ, you know there is only one f in his name right? Don't go engraving any wedding gifts with that wrong! One f. One f. One f. Since I've stopped riding, I've spent my free time practicing how to sign Robin Meidhof... ; )
Post a Comment