He was short.
He had freckles.
I used to tease him until he grew into his ears, until he grew taller than me.
He was a sensitive kid.
He was kind.
I said no woman would be good enough for him in my eyes.
He wanted to be a better person.
He was the protective little brother.
When he smiled, it could light up a room
He had blue-grey eyes.
He loved his country.
His mother and two sisters meant the world to him.
He wanted to see the world.
He wanted to experience life.
He only made it as far as Key West as my date for Sarah's wedding.
He was a first-class contractor.
He was a perfectionist with his work.
Half the repairs in my house were done by him, most of the time in exchange for dinner and a place to get away from it all.
He was depressed.
He turned to addictions.
He turned into someone he didn't want to be.
He had friends.
He'd give the shirt off his back for a friend.
His friends tried to help him, everyone tried to help him.
He had pride.
He was stubborn.
There was so much more life left to live. He didn't see it that way.
He was loved.
He is loved.
Words can not explain the aching hole left in my heart.
I do not know how to stop the tears.
I do not know how to go on.
I know I will. I know others have.
I just don't know how.
Please don't ask if I'm okay because the answer is no.
I don't know if I'll ever be.
My little brother.
May he rest in the peace he never found in life.

6 comments:
Hi Wendy. I only met you once for your college graduation party when I was dating your brother. I will always remember that he reminded me so much of my Dad, who is one of the greatest men I know. Although I haven't seen Frank in a few years I always thought our paths would cross again. I know he thought the world of you and was very proud to have you for a sister. I am terribly sorry for your loss and pray that you find peace. -Sarah
Wendy, I'm so very sorry, I hope you have the time and space that you need to greive. Your words moved me to feel a small portion of what I am sure you are feeling with every bit of your being. I have no words of wisdom, in times like this, there really are none. I'm thinking of you.
I am truly sorry to hear about your brother.....as i always have and always will be here if you need a friend...
Wendy,
I am very sorry for this time. I loved your brother as you know and more than you'll know. I am very pleased, proud, honored, and joyful to say he once loved me and we ARE still friends. There is no good-bye, just a good night. I will always be there with my arms and heart open for you anytime you need it and you know that. I will see him any and everytime I see you, Kim, the kids and my brother. I love you and one day we will be able to hold his hands again. I love you!!!
-Heather
Hey Wendy,
Opened my web browser the other night and saw something about car racing, for some reason thought of you and always knowing that you would do well in life, thought I would google your name and see what came up. Really sorry about your brother and wish you well.
Tony Moss
(I am now at Cecil Bank)
Dearest Cousin - You don't cry alone.
Post a Comment