Ha - I bet you didnt think I'd do TWO posts in one week ! During the off season, no less. But, here I am, blogging on a Friday night. I lead a very exciting life, can't you tell ?
Random stuff: the weather today was super-awesome-cool. I took a much-needed and much-deserved extended lunch and ran a good 5miles or so in the city. It was probably one of the last "shorts and short sleeves" outdoor events of the year. Everyone and their brother had the same idea. It was funny watching people as I ran by - some were in shorts and t-shirts, some were in layers and some were bundled up like it was February. Hey, whatever works. I was just happy to get some sunshine since the last few days have been so dreary. I'm definitely one of those people that suffer from lack of sunshine and warm weather.
A couple years ago when I did the Bermuda Grand Prix, a few locals found out I was a CPA ... much to my surprise, job offers started coming in immediately. Usually some time in December or January, I start to think that maybe I should have considered those offers a little more !
Okay - now that the election is over and I was soooo good in not using this blog as a platform for politics (I'm positive that it took years off my life to refrain from posting my opinions), I have earned the right to say - Go Obama ! The amount of hope that I've seen and felt as a result of his election has been good for the soul - I dont think he's "the" solution and I am not so naive to think that things will change quickly, but I do think he offers something we haven't had in a long time: Hope.
I read an article in WSJ the other day that said all of a sudden, it was "cool to be American" again. The world believes that we are finally living up to our hype, that anyone can be anything in America. Even if all of this turns out to be talk, the goodwill that has come of this can not be ignored - for the first time in a long time, the WORLD feels hope over something that WE did. Very cool, indeed.
I'll hop off the soapbox for now ... and thanks for listening. Not looking for a political debate anymore (have had plenty of those with friends/ family/ acquaintances in the recent months), I just hope that despite the difference of opinion that we may have, we can still believe in hope for a better tomorrow. Isn't that a nice way to begin the weekend ??
Enjoy the weather - see you out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment